- 5 cups de-shelled walnuts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tb tamari (can use soy sauce or amino acids)
- Corn tortillas
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion chopped
- cilantro chopped
LIME CASHEW SOUR CREAM
- 1 Cup cashews soaked overnight (or soaked at least 10 mins in boiling water)
- 1/3 cup water (more if needed)
- 2 Tb lime juice
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Add walnuts to a food processor and process until mixture is kind of “meaty”.
- Put mixture in bowl and add seasonings and mix.
- Add rest of the ingredients (up until tamari) and stir until incorporated
- Fill taco shells with walnut mixture and top with toppings of choice.
- To make the lime cashew sour cream put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to get a sour cream consistency.
- Top tacos with sour cream and enjoy!
Recipe by Mary Ellen of vnutritionandwellness.
Let me know what you think about this recipe and feel free to post pics below!